The key message for all our Junior School families is that they can engage with the learning material being provided at times that work for them. The following provides a possible approach to the structure of each day:
||Routine and Rhythm
|9:00 – 9:15am (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
|9:00 – 9:15am (Tuesday and Thursday)
|9:30 – 10:30am
||Common Story Time
|9:30 – 10:30am
||Literacy Activity (only 1)
|11:00 – 12:00pm
|12:00 – 1:00pm
Optional Choice – one, some or none
|Select activities from the shared primary Google classroom
‘Adventure Learning Modules’, ‘Enrichment Learning’
Please also note the following:
- A document will be sent separately which will have a more detailed timetable containing live links to access each Zoom session, QR Codes that will take students straight to their Google Classroom and instruction for logging in to Google Classroom for the first time.
- The morning moves, devotions and common story time will be hosted as a live session. However, it will also be recorded, and a link provided so that it can be engaged with at any time of the day (remember to turn your camera off if you don’t want your child’s image recorded).
- The learning material for each of these sessions will be provided through the Google Classroom for each class along with the supporting material.
- The literacy and numeracy learning activities are the priority elements of learning that we are looking for all students to engage with, whether at school or at home.
- The afternoon activities to choose between are seen as optional. We are encouraging families to choose which of them they engage with to best support their individual circumstances.
- Staff will be monitoring their classes during the timetabled literacy and numeracy sessions through the Google Classroom comment section and emails.
- Guidance and instructions for connecting into Google Classrooms will be emailed to families, these will be in both written and video formats.
- The literacy and numeracy sessions will often use pre-recorded videos to support student learning.
- While we are providing a suggested time frame for engagement, families will be able to interact with the remote and online learning material within timeframes that work for their individual needs.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The material being covered by students learning from home will be the same as the material covered by those students who need to attend school.